Well, now it's the end of September and things are cooling off here in Texas - thanks goodness! I have started doing caricatures at various girl scout events and would like to find other events, parties, etc. to participate in. I am currently working on a color pastel portrait of my grandson Luke - who is about to turn 2 yrs. old. He is a doll and I love the thought of leaving my work for my grandchildren to remember me by. I have three grandchildren and am expecting a fourth in March! Wow! I never would have imagined have four grandchildren at this age, but I love it. My husband is a lieutenant for the Grand Prairie fire department and also a real estate agent here in Decatur for Parker Properties. I have been a stay at home mom for so many years, and now my nest is empty... as a mother, you spend so many years focusing on your children and then they are gone and you realize you need a new focus. I would love to extend my art, especially the caricatures at public events, but wouldn't mind a part time job if I could find one that suited me. Life is good... just looking for a new purpose....
No comments:
Post a Comment